As Digital experts we are increasingly asked to implement Microsoft Cloud solutions.
Recently we had the following Brief given to us by a client:
Migrate a subsidiaries I.T infrastructure away from the parent company to a stand-alone platform. Whilst minimising new hard ware costs and maximising resilience to potential threats. Then after provide back up and I.T support services.
We proposed a full cloud based system which can be integrated to the existing infrastructure currently in place.
• Move email to a cloud service providing Business-class email hosting with 50 GB mailbox hosted by Microsoft.
• Upgrade office Desktop versions of Office 2007 to Office 2016 applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, plus Access and Publisher.
• Move Data and files from enterprise service to a Microsoft SharePoint file systems hosted by Microsoft.
• Implementation of a McAfee Business Endpoint Protection for all devices that will be monitored and managed remotely.
This solution offered the following benefits:
• With all users on Office 365, machines will have the latest office software being Office suite 2016. Existing machines are compatible with the email system during that phase of the migration.
• Back up resilience- with the company data on multiple servers a complete failure or outage is mitigated.
• This cloud solution is limitlessly scalable as needed. Additional users can be added and/or deleted as needed.
• No new hard ware needed as available equipment has capability. This solution can be scaled to any size of organisation as you only pay per user and for the storage of your data.
If you want to discuss migrating to the Microsoft Cloud and what Bextec can offer in terms of I.T project management don’t hesitate to contact us.